Up until college, all of my previous writings were written for my teachers. I never realized the difference between writing for one of my teachers and writing for a public audience until I created a blog. A blog allows you to post your work online where all kinds of people can read it. Since that moment, my perspective on writing changed. I became more aware of who I was writing for and how I want to present my work. Writing for a public audience has made me pay closer attention to the context and tone.
Before I posted anything on my blog, I revised
until I was confident that all aspects were covered, including the context. Every
post will address a certain topic that will be discussed or analyzed. Paying
close attention to the context, I made sure to stay on topic and include supporting
evidence and facts. This ensures my blog post to be reliable and accurate. There
will be many different types of people that will come across my blog and share
their own opinions. How I address the topic will determine the comments I receive.
By this, I assure my work does not offend or acquire any bias that may cause
the reader to disengage. Without losing focus on my big ideas, my readers will
be able to follow along and I will be guaranteed a successful post.
Writing on my blog
has made me concentrate more on what tone to utilize. Deciding on how I want to
sound throughout my blog post determines whether to use a formal voice, a
plainspoken voice, etc. I focus on the sentence structure and make sure each
sentence keeps the reader engaged. By this, I decide on whether to include
humor, irony, etc. For instance, if I am writing a blog post that relates to
the army, I would use a serious tone given that they are honorable citizens fighting
for our country. Tone plays an important part in writing since it sets an image
for the reader. If a blog post lacks a sense of sound, it is guaranteed that the
audience will move on to the next post.
Since I began to
write for my blog, my way of writing has changed. I am more attentive to what I
write, who may be reading my work, and how I want the reader to respond to me. Touching
base with every aspect for a successful blog post will keep my audience coming
back for more.
No comments:
Post a Comment